The Jowissa Watch Ltd.
was founded by Josef Wyss in 1951. He started to manufacture watches
in his own house in Bettlach, Switzerland, with two fellow employees. During the first years they manufactured watches for other brands. The business developed very successfully and made a physical expansion of the factory necessary in 1958. As a consequence a separate manufactory was built next to the residence of Mr. Wyss and more employees were recruited.
During the 1970ies Jowissa Watch Ltd.
was taken over by the second generation of the Wyss family. Josef's sons Erich, Manfred and Leander Wyss decided to start manufacturing watches under the own brand "Jowissa", a shortcut of "Josef Wyss AG". At the same time Jowissa moved its headquarters and the manufactory to a new location in the center of the village Bettlach
, where it’s still located today.