is a fishing
village in the Havana Province
It is located in the municipality of Santa Cruz del Norte, at the mouth of the Rio Jibacoa, 60 km east of Havana.
The settlement was founded in 1756 on the location of a corral.
In the 1990s, an all-inclusive resort (under the Jamaican Superclub Breezes brand) was built east of the village. This was one of the first openings of cuban economy to foreign investments.