Jane Kivlin is an American ophthalmologist who specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of pediatrics genetics and strabismus. A longstanding member of the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, she served as President of this organization. She is well-known for her contributions to the understanding of amblyopia and the ophthalmologic manifestations of shaken baby syndrome.
Education and training
, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
, Medical Center Hospital of Vermont
, The Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute
at Johns Hopkins Hospital
in pediatric ophthalmology
, University of Miami
in ophthalmic genetics
, Johns Hopkins University
Offices held and honors
Published works (partial list)
- Kivlin, JD. A 12-year ophthalmologic experience with the shaken baby syndrome at a regional children's hospital. Tr Am Ophth Soc XCVII:545-581, 1999.
- Kivlin JD., Simons KB., Lazoritz S., Ruttum MS., Shaken baby syndrome. Ophthalmology 107:1246-1254, 2000.
- Quinn GE., Dobson, V., Siatkowski RM., Hardy RJ., Kivlin JD., Palmer EA., Phelps DL., Repka MX., Summers CG.,
Tung B., Chan W., Does cryotherapy affect refractive error? Ophthalmology 108:343-347, 2001.
- Bleyl SB, Kivlin JD et al (2007). "Brachymesomelic dysplasia with Peters anomaly of the eye results from disruptions of the X chromosome near the SHOX and SOX3 genes". J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 143 (23): 2785*95.
- Ganes A, Stephens D, Kivlin JD, Levin AV (2007). "Retinal and subdural haemorrhages from minor falls?". Br J Ophthalmol 91 (3): 396–7.
- Kivlin JD (2001). "Manifestations of the shaken baby syndrome". Curr Opin Ophthalmol 12 (3): 158–63.