Jada Toys, Incorporated
of City of Industry, California
, USA is a manufacturer of collectible die-cast model cars
and radio controlled vehicles. It was founded in 1999 by husband and wife Jack and May Li.
Lowriders, Hot Rods, Rat rods, and Muscle Cars are represented in Jada's models, as are donks which are American vehicles with wildly oversized low-profile wheels and tires. Dubs, so named for their 20-inch or bigger wheels, are among the company's best sellers and the most visible in retail outlets.
Model lines include:
- DUB City - Cars with custom rims, lowered ride height and special in-car entertainment systems.
- Street Low - American Lowrider cars.
- Showroom Floor - Classic and modern cars in their unmodified form.
- Road Rats
- Homie Rollerz
- Big Time Muscle - Originally a model car company, this line consists of American Muscle Cars receiving the DUB City treatment.
- Import Racer! - Customized Japanese sports cars. (Replaced by the Option D! line.)
- Option D! - Customized rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive sports and race cars from and inspired by the Formula D Championship Series.
- Initial D - Cars from the popular manga and anime franchise.
- Donk, Box & Bubble - American cars with oversized wheels, raised ride height and special paint jobs.
- D-Rod$ - Jada Toys' take on classic Hot Rods of the '20s, '30s and '40s.
- High Profile - DUB City-treated pickup trucks and SUVs.
- Von Dutch Kustom Cycles
- Von Dutch Garage
- For $ale - Classic and modern cars in dusty, unrestored condition.
- VDub$ - Customized Volkswagen cars.
- Kustom Kings - Classic '50s cars inspired by George Barris's custom designs.
- Road Rigz - Custom Peterbilt 379 trucks with brand sponsored haulers.
- Snap Shots - 1:64 scale cars packaged in mini-dioramas.
- On the Set - Featuring cars from Scarface, The Godfather, The Sopranos and Reservoir Dogs.
- Speed Racer - Die-cast cars from and inspired by the classic anime series.
- '06 Camaro Concept - Painted yellow with black stripes, similar to Bumblebee from the Transformers film.
Branching out beyond just diecast, Chub City introduces a younger generation of collectors to tricked-out rides and cool characters. A series of radio controlled models and vinyl figures was recently introduced.
In addition, Jada Toys teamed up with Activision to release the Guitar Hero Air Guitar Rocker. This product consists of a belt buckle, a portable speaker and two guitar picks. Waving the pick near the buckle lets the user play air guitar to one of ten songs (five licensed tracks) such as Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" and Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water." The Air Guitar Rocker will feature expansion packs to play more songs from the popular video game series.
- Hot Wheels
- Johnny Lightning
- Matchbox (toy company)