Ishtiaq Baig is a columnist from Pakistan. His columns are published in the Daily Jang on every Wedenesday in Karachi Jang and on Thursday in Lahore Jang. He also wrote for Daily Khabrain for a year. He often writes on international affairs with touch of his personal experiences. He has written more than 100 columns in different newspapers.
By profession, Baig is not a writer and journalist; rather he is a famous industrialist having an MBA from America. His sister, the late Afreen Baig, was also a creative personality and famous drama producer of Pakistan. Baig is also honorary consul general of Morocco in Karachi for Sindh province. His interviews are published in almost every newspapers of Pakistan. Besides column writer he is also a famous industrialist and business man. He is member of Federation of Pakistan Chamber of commerce and Industry(FPCCI). He is president of Pakistan-Morocco Business council.He is also vice chairman of Baig Group of companies. His biography is being worked and soon will be published.
- As he is a very successful business tycoon, there is one big achievement in his life that makes him more special. i.e. He is the one who was invited by the Saudi Government to attend the spiritual ceremony of Gusl-e-Ka’ba (Subhan Allah) and stayed inside Kaaba for more than 45 minutes.
- Appointed Hon. Consul General of Kingdom of Morocco, by President of Pakistan on the commission of Moroccan government for the consular jurisdiction over the province of Sindh.
- Considered among the top columnist of Jang group of newspapers. His columns are published in Daily Jang and are widely read by people not only in Pakistan but also abroad. His name is mentioned in wikipedia as among the leading columnist of Pakistan.
- Recipient of Federation of Pakistan Chamber of Commerce & Industry Best Export Trophy Awards from the President and Prime Minister of Pakistan for the last Nine consecutive years on export of textile.
- Accompanied President and Prime Minister of Pakistan on their various foreign official overseas visits as part of their entourage.
- Frequently appears as economist and columnist on different television channels for his expert views on national and international issues.
- Declared among the well-dresses personality of the country by the National Council for Culture and Arts.
- Chairman, Pakistan Morocco Business Council of Federation ofPakistan Chamber of Commerce & Industry.