Ingleside Plantation was a medium sized cotton plantation of 2620 acres (10½ km2) located in extreme northeast Leon County, Florida and established by Joel C. Blake.
Ingleside was bounded on the east by the shores of Lake Miccosukee
and would have been bound on the west by Joel's mother's Blakely Plantation
. Today, the land is County Road 59
(Veterans Memorial Drive). Ingleside's northern boundary would now be Cypress Landing Road and to the south it would have bounded by the streets of Leland Circle and Indigo Lane.
The Leon County Florida 1860 Agricultural Census shows that the Blakely Plantation had the following:
- Improved Land: 1500 acres (6 km²)
- Unimproved Land: 1140 acres (4½ km²)
- Cash value of plantation: $25,000
- Cash value of farm implements/machinery: $1200
- Cash value of farm animals: $5,000
- Number of slaves: 116
- Bushels of corn: 7000
- Bales of cotton: 181
Joel C. Blake was 29 years old in 1860
. He married Laura Parish, some relation to his mother. Joel's Ingleside Plantation came into existence when Joel Blake purchased land to the east of Blakely Plantation. Blake joined the Confederacy
and was killed on July 2
at the Battle of Gettysburg
Ingleside would later become Ring Oak Plantation, a private hunting plantation.