Impetus Technologies is a Product engineering Services provider based in India and creates cutting- edge software products for software and technology companies. Many of these products have been award winning products . Since 16 Years, the company has been providing outsourced software product development solutions to its clients across the globe. NASSCOM, the industry leading software organization recently identified outsourced software product development as a separate category and projected a market in excess of US$ 8-10 billion in 2009.
The company was founded in 1991 by Praveen Kankariya in Indore, India. Software
was relatively a new industry at that time in India and Impetus was among the first companies in the country that was building software products and offering product design and development services.
The first product developed by Impetus was for the Newspaper Industry. The product automated the news acquisition process from various wire services
, consequently saving valuable resources like time and manpower for the clients. This product was deployed at more than 200 publication houses across India.
Impetus developed many software products and in 1996, Praveen Kankariya moved to USA to establish Impetus’ operations there. He realized that to be successful, the company’s products needed to be seen and experienced by international markets. The first International account for Software Product engineering
Services bagged by Impetus was 3M
in the year 1995. This client has been associated with Impetus ever since.
Impetus’ core competence lies in Product Research, Design and Development and the core focus of the company is on Software Product engineering
services. Impetus provides services in
• Technology R & D
• Product Architecture & Design
• Product testing
Impetus has been involved in hundreds of product launches for its global client base since its inception.
The company has been growing at a phenomenal growth rate and recorded 75 % growth in 2006.
The company works in diverse domains of mobile & wireless, digital media, performance marketing, internet advertising, network security, telecom, finance, healthcare, supply chain management, CRM, collaboration management etc.
Some of the clients associated with Impetus include:AzoogleAds, Kronos, D&B,PeopleSoft, KnowNow, 3M, Sennari, Servigistics, etc.
Recent Awards & Recognitions
• July 2008- Impetus was in the TOP 3 of the prestigious CNBC-TV18 Emerging India Awards in the ICE, IT andITeS category. .
• July 2008- Impetus won the ET Acer Intel Smart Workplace Award 2008. .
• June 2007- Impetus was awarded the “Best Software Exporter” by Madhya Pradesh Government in “Awards for Excellence in e-governance in Madhya Pradesh” .
• Ranked as one among the Top 100 IT Companies- 2007 by SiliconIndia, a U.S. based magazine.
• Impetus was nominated in the Top-100 IT Innovators 2007 by NASSCOM.
• December 2007- Impetus CEO, Praveen Kankariya presented with “GenNext Leadership Award” by Indore Management Institution.
Research & Development
Impetus has set up a division called Impetus Labs or iLabs which works on exploring the latest and emerging technologies and new domains like mobile, wireless, digital media, speech, IPTV and VOIP etc. The company has further set up Centers of Excellence which work on experimenting with new ideas, facilitating creation of new tools and frameworks. These Centers of Excellence include
- mLabs – the Mobile and Wireless group
- qLabs – working on QA and QC strategies
- pLabs – focusing on Performance Engineering
Impetus has been a regular host of Barcamp
) and Open Source Camps.
• Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- Impetus has collaborated with the prestigious Indian Institute of Management –Indore and set up the “Impetus Chair of Information Technology and Systems” .
• MP State Government- Impetus signed an MoU with the M.P state government for an investment of Rs 200 crores (USD 50 million) in the state before 2012. Impetus will also recruit 2500 people during this time period.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Impetus has a tie-up with Parivartan Sanstha, an NGO, dedicated to the education of slum children in Indore as a part of its Corporate Social Responsibility program.
Impetus is headquartered in San Jose, with Sales Offices in Boston, Atlanta, Washington D.C. and Richmond. The company has several development centers of its wholly-owned subsidiary in India in Indore, Noida and Hyderabad.
Digital rights management
Product Family Engineering