was a Tokusatsu
series made by Toho
, and aired on TV Tokyo
. Guyferd borrows aspects from Bio Booster Armor Guyver
& Fist of the North Star
After the mysterious disappearance of his older brother Makoto, Gou Kazama returned to Japan from his travels, determined to find him. He soon discovered that Makoto had been abducted by the Criminal Global Syndicate “Crown”, who had hopes to create the ‘ultimate fighter’ kidnapping world’s strongest and most skilled martial arts masters to use in their inhuman experiments.
The Crown Organization abducted Gou Kazama modified him into a Guyborg when he returned from searching for his missing brother. But he had already been infected by Megumi Shion with the symbiotic Fallah parasite prior to his conversion and thus became a new entity, The Guyferd. Using the style of the Ken'nou-ryu martial arts with his new form, Guyferd fights Crown.
- Gou Kazama/Guyferd: He has studied Ken'nou-ryu technique of karate his elder brother Makoto. He his fighting style utilized the five elemental “energies” (Fire, Water, Earth, Nature and Metal) & the two ethereal energies (air & star) in order to draw strength for his transformation and seven super attacks. As Guyferd, he uses seven unique attacks based on the seven energies, the .
- : Utilizing Star energy, Guyferd can deliver this powerful move as his final attack.
- : Utilizing Fire energy, Guyferd rapidly punches his opponent before using a smashing blow with his right fist.
- : Utilizing Earth energy, Guyferd deliver a crushing pile driver at blinding speeds.
- : Utilizing Natural energy, Guyferd repeatly execute a drop kick attack on his opponent.
- : Utilizing Metal energy, Guyferd uses the air currents to deliver a flying drop kick against his opponents.
- : Utilizing Water energy, Guyferd uses a drop kick to serverely wound a opponent.
- : Utilizing Aerial energy, Guyferd delivers a destructive ‘cross’ karate chop attack.
- Rei Kujou: A rich girl Gou had feelings for. She and her brother studied Ken'nou-ryu with Makoto prior to his disspearence. They support Gou in any way they can. She uses the Power Booster boots to fight.
- Yuu Kujou: Rei's kid brother, uses the Power Booster Glooves to fight.
- Takeo Shiroishi: Nicknamed the "Doctor", he researched the Fallah symboite for medical purposes in the Crown. However, his ideals and morals were not acceptable & thus was fired. He lives with Gou and aids him anyway he can.
- Detective Yuji Nakano: He was one of few to believe in Crown's existence, despite being called crazy by his peers.
- Zodiac (9-26): The ruler of Crown, he was a scientist who discovered the Fallah symboite in South America and intended to use it to evolve humanity. To achieve that goal, he had Crown unearth the Ancient Scientific Citadel called “Gaea Net”, intending to use its ancient technology to cause cataclysmic disasters around the world thus heralding the mass worldwide infestation of Fallah.
- MetalMaster (8-21): Zodiac's skull-faced righthandman, his true form is the bull-like Metalferd Minos. He takes over Crown operations after Mr. Bicross is killed.
- Megumi Shion(1-15): The one who took Doctor's place in Fallah research. She was mortally wounded during the fight between Guyferd and Darkferd and thus was turned into a half Guyborg, Metal Shion. She vowed revenge on Gou since.
- Mr. Bicross(1-7): The mysterious crime lord who serves as the frontman for Crown operations. A gifted master of the Byakko-style martial arts, he died fighting Guyferd after infecting himself with Fallah parasite and mutated into a tiger Mutiant Vicross.
- Doctor Minoh (1-7): A scientist who works as a researcher for Crown. He's in rivalry with Shion and killed when his laboratory exploded.
- Makoto Kazama/Darkferd (7-8): Gou's brother who is also infected with Fallah parasite and transformed into Darkferd. He is considered along with Guyferd as Crown's strongest fighters, and the forerunner of the Metalferds.
- Fangs: Mass-produced Guyborgs. They act as Crown's henchmen.
Parasitized with the Fallah, these humans would possess enhance immunity and stronger chi. However, they would irreversibly mutate into inhuman fighters with monstrous abilities.
- Jarks (1): Formerly Taki, the one who took over Makoto's place in the Ken'no-ryu Dojo. A violent man, Taki was easily defeated by Gou. He was kidnapped and was turned into a hairy beast that destroyed Crown's lab in a fit of rage. But even as a Mutiant, Jarks was bent on killing Gou. The resulting fight caused Gou to become Guyferd for the first time. He is destroyed by Kyokuseiken.
- Dogross (2): A incomplete cobra Mutiant Shion controlled with a drug. However, the drug's effects wore off during Dogross' fight with Gou, leaving the monster confused. To solve the issue, Minoh implanted a chip in Dogross' brain to make him a killing machine. He is destroyed by Retsukageki.
- Bolgis (3) : The horse themed Mutiant sent by Shion to destroy the dam with the bomb and is killed by Jirai Shin.
- Spirus (4): Female tarantula Mutiant, she is sent for capture Yuu and his friend when they go home after swimming lesson. Gou,Rei,and Takeo find them in an isolate laboratory. Spirus meet her end by Jirai Shin.
- Antares (5)
- Gilpulse (6)
Guyborgs infected with the Fallah parasite. Because of the biomechanism of the Guyborg body & Fallah's "empowering" ability, Metalferds are stronger than Mutiants.
- Dragos (9-10)
- Batrod (11)
- Biken (12)
- GX-9 (13)
- Globe (14)
- Django (22-23)
- Ranghoul (24)
- Valcanon (25)
- The Birth of Guyferd
- Gou in Danger!
- Have You Seen the Ultimate Hyper-transformation?
- Escape from the Genetic Laboratory
- Operation Battle Killer
- Bloodthirst! Homicidal Sound Waves
- Crown's Strongest Warrior
- Confrontation of Destiny
- Crown's Ambition
- Defeat Metalferd
- Charge! Battlekids
- Assassination Command GX-9
- To Protect a Small Life
- The Red Rose of Revenge
- Zodiac's Appearance
- Release Gaia-Net
- The Mystery of the Polaris Document
- The Valkyrie's Trap
- Pursue the Heptastral Sword!
- Guyferd Dies!
- The Warrior of Darkness Lives Again
- Earth's Last Day
- Eternal Vow