Hope is a village in the Derbyshire Peak District, in England. It lies in the Hope Valley, at the point where Peakshole Water flows into the River Noe. To the north, Win Hill and Lose Hill stand either side of the Noe.
Traces of a Roman fort can be found in the hamlet of Brough-on-Noe, just east of the village. Its Roman name was Navio, and was later renamed with the Old English word for fort, brough. There are many remains from the site in Buxton Museum.
The village is also known for its well dressing.
Hope has a railway station on the Sheffield to Manchester (Hope Valley) line. It also has a small college (see below), and is the site of a large quarry and cement works, largely hidden from the village. This cement works is the location of the local volunteer mountain rescue team - Edale Mountain Rescue.
The parish church has two ancient crosses in its grounds. The shaft of a sandstone cross dating from the Anglo-Saxon period stands seven feet high and is carved on all faces. The cross may well have originated in the church grounds and a possible base now supports a sundial, but from the English Civil War until 1858, it was hidden in the village school. The stump of the Eccles Cross, originally near Eccles House, south of Hope, is also in the graveyard.