Heythrop College is a constituent college of the University of London situated in Kensington Square, Kensington, London. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in philosophy, psychology and theology, as well as research in related fields.
It was founded in 1614 by the Jesuits in Leuven, Belgium, then moved in 1624 to Liège. During the wars surrounding the French Revolution, the college moved to Britain - philosophy was taught at Stonyhurst in Lancashire and theology in St. Beuno's in North Wales.
In 1926, the colleges came together in Heythrop Hall, Oxfordshire, then moved to London in 1970. It became a college of the University in 1971, and moved to its current Kensington location in 1993. The College started admitting non-Jesuit students in the 1960s. However it remains largely Jesuit-funded and led. The college Principal is always a Jesuit priest. It also retains a strongly Roman Catholic ethos.
The college library houses an enormous collection of early theological texts, mostly held off site. The college also runs the Heythrop Journal and hosts a Centre for Christianity and Interreligious Dialogue.