is an Asian author
and public speaker
in the area of marketing studies. In 2000, Kartajaya co-authored "Repositioning Asia: From Bubble to Sustainable Economy" with Philip Kotler. In it they analysed why the Asian crisis of 1997 occurred, and outlined what the governments and companies of the region could do to develop more sustainably in the future. Kartajaya’s expert analysis, in-depth knowledge, and strategic thinking, won him acclaim from many of his peers. Al Ries said of him “The positioning of Hermawan Kartajaya in marketing is unique. He is a combined ‘product’ of Western mind, Asia heart and Indonesian soul. Every company must get his advice.” 2002 saw him team up with Kotler again in their book "Rethinking Marketing: Sustainable Marketing Enterprise.
He studied at University of Surabaya, and Glasgow university
. He is the President of World Marketing Association, is one of the “50 Gurus Who Have Shaped The Future of Marketing” appointed by The Chartered Institute of Marketing, United Kingdom (CIM-UK).
- “Attracting Investors: A Marketing Approach to Finding Funds For Your Business”, with Philip Kotler (Kellogg School of Management) and S. David Young (INSEAD), published by John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, 1994
- “Rethinking Marketing: Sustainable Market-ing Enterprise in Asia”, with Philip Kotler (Kellogg School of Management), Hooi Den Huan (Nanyang Business School) and Sandra Liu (Purdue University), published by Prentice Hall Asia, Singapore,2002
- “Repositioning Asia: From Bubble to Sustainable Economy”, with Philip Kotler (Kellogg School of Management) and wholly supported by Andersen Consulting Asia Pacific, published by John Wiley & Sons, Singapore, 2000
- “The 18 Guiding Principles of Marketing Company” in Warren J. Keegan (Pace University), Global Marketing Management, Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 1999
- “The Strategic Marketing Plus 2000 Conceptual framework for Competitive Audit, Strategy Formulation and Capability Enhancement” in Warren J. Keegan (Pace University) and Mark C. Green (Simpson College), Principles of Global Marketing, Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 1997
- “Marketing in Venus Playbook Volume I, II, III”, forthcoming publication by MarkPlus&Co, Jakarta, 2005