The word Helvetia
may refer to the following:
- Helvetia, the Roman name for an ancient region of central Europe.
- (Ελβετία) The Greek name for the country Switzerland
- Helvetia-Patria, Swiss insurance group
- Helvetia, a genus of jumping spiders.
- New Helvetia in California
- Nueva Helvecia in Uruguay
- Helvetia, Oregon, USA
- Helvetia, West Virginia, USA
- Helvécia, village in Hungary near Kecskemét
- Helvetia, near Pukekohe in New Zealand
- Helvetia in Medan, Indonesia
- Helvetia, a indie rock band from Seattle, Washington
Helvetica is the name of a popular sans-serif font designed in 1957 by Max Miedinger. The name is derived from Helvetia.
Helvetii were the Celtic inhabitants of modern Switzerland