is a village and civil parish
within South Bucks district
. The parish is two miles to the west of Gerrards Cross
, four miles south east of Beaconsfield
. The parish has incorporated the formerly separate parish of Hedgerley Dean
since 1934 (which was once a hamlet in parish of Farnham Royal
The village name 'Hedgerley' is Anglo Saxon in origin, and means 'Hycga's woodland clearing'. In manorial rolls in 1195 it was recorded as Huggeleg.
There is a village street of red brick and timber framed cottages, some of which date from the 16th century and somewhat hidden above the village on the hillside is the flint Victorian church of St Mary's. The Tudor style Rectory dates from the 19th century. A short distance up the lane the road widens to cross the M40 motorway.
Local Fields are called the "sea-fields" because during spring they become full with bluebells and look like a body of water when the wind blows across them.