The Heartland International Tattoo
presented in Northern Illinois University's Convocation Center in DeKalb, Illinois is an exhibition of military and civilian marching bands
bands, brass bands
, Scottish dancers
, Irish dancers
and more. Many performers from many different countries create an unforgettable experience of raw musical and choreographed energy.
Started in 2006, the Heartland International Tattoo pays tribute to various United States Military
. In 2006, the Tribute was to the U.S.S. Arizona
Big Band that was lost at Pearl Harbor
2007 marks the Second Annual Heartland International Tattoo that will pay tribute to the Military and Music of the Civil War
. Civil War reenactors
will take an active part in the Tattoo performance.
2008 marks the Third Annual Heartland International Tattoo paying tribute to "Those Magnificent Men and Their Flying Machines" - Tribute to the United States Air Force, and North American (US and Canada's) Military Air Command Units.
Performers from the 2006 Heartland International Tattoo include:
- The United States Marine Drum and Bugle Corps, Washington D.C.
- United States Navy Band, Great Lakes, IL
- United States Coast Guard Academy Silent Drill Team
- Prairie Brass Band, Arlington Heights, IL
- 8 Wing Canadian Trenton Pipe Band, Canada
- Chicago Highlanders Pipe Band, Chicago, IL
- Saint Andrews Bagpipe Band, Central Illinois
- Thistle & Heather Highland Dancers, Chicago, IL
- McNulty Irish Dancers, Chicago, IL
- 1st Battalion Chicago Highland Rifles, Chicago, IL
- The Marine Living Memorial Honor Guard, WI
- NIU ROTC Color Guard
- Steel Drum Band, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
- Epsilon Rho Chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, NIU DeKalb, IL
Official Heartland International Tattoo Website http://www.heartlandtattoo.org