Headon Warren And West High Down is a 276.3 hectare Site of special scientific interest which is located at the western most end of the Isle of Wight. It consists of two main areas, Headon Warren, a heather clad down to the north and the chalk downs of West High Down and Tennyson Down to the south. It encompasses The Needles, The Needles Battery and Alum Bay. The land is owned and managed by the National Trust. The site was notified in 1951 for both its biological and geological features.