is a Japanese
word which can mean "hurricane", although in that sense, it is usually pronounced as . Hayate can also refer to:
- Hayate (Shinkansen), a train service which operates on the Tōhoku Shinkansen line in Japan.
- Nakajima Ki-84, a World War II era fighter
- Hayate the Combat Butler (Hayate no Gotoku), a manga by Kenjiro Hata
- Hayate (Dead or Alive), a fighter in the Dead or Alive series of video games.
- Hayate, a fighter in Street Fighter EX2 Plus.
- Black Hayate, a dog featured in both the anime and the manga incarnations of Fullmetal Alchemist.
- Hayate Gekko, the examiner for the preliminaries of the Chuunin Exams in Naruto.
- Hayate Kirino, a character featured in both the anime and the manga incarnations of Igano Kabamaru.
- Hayate Yagami, a character from the anime series Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's and its sequel.
- Sho Hayate, the main character from Savage Reign and Kizuna Encounter, both games part of the Fu'un series.