Haunted is an original novel based on the U.S. television series Angel.
- Not to be confused with the Buffy comic, Haunted
Cordy's finally getting a big break — she will be a contestant on some "reality programming
". She must spend five days and four nights in an apparently haunted house. Living with a ghost
and catching demons for a living, she sees this as an easy challenge. However, there is more going on than Cordy knows. In a vision on her first night, she sees one of the applicants who didn't make it to the show. She secretly communicates the scenario to Angel and Co., who are instantly on the case.
Angel, Wesley and Gunn search for the missing actress as supernatural activity at the house increases. Soon, Wolfram and Hart also get involved and Cordelia is forced to consider her priorities.
- The book is supposed to be set in the latter half of Angel Season 2, between "Epiphany" and "Over the Rainbow".
- An early possible title was 'The House,' since promotional coverwork feature this title instead of 'Haunted.'
- Buffy/Angel books such as this one are not usually considered by fans as canonical. Some fans consider them stories from the imaginations of authors and artists, while other fans consider them as taking place in an alternative fictional reality. However unlike fan fiction, overviews summarising their story, written early in the writing process, were 'approved' by both Fox and Joss Whedon (or his office), and the books were therefore later published as officially Buffy/Angel merchandise.
- Stories that take place around the same time in the Buffyverse: