is an intellectual, writer in Malayalam language
and contributor to Malayalam
magazines in Kerala
. He is a critic of religious fundamentalism
. Born to Areepattamannil
Abdul Salam of Chennamangaloor
and Katheeshumma of Perumanna in 1948, Hameed Chennamangaloor had his early education at Chennamangaloor and Mukkam
. After getting his B.A. and M.A. degrees, he began his career as a probationary officer in State Bank of Travancore
. Later he left the job and took up job as a lecturer in English language
and literature. He was made Head of the Department of English at Government Arts and Science College, Kozhikode
, which position he held till retirement in 2003.
Writer and speech maker
Hameed Chennamangaloor has authored several books in Malayalam
. Besides, he contributes to Malayalam magazines regularly. He makes public speeches, too. He frequently gives radio talks on Akashvani's
local station. Hameed has also been frequently interviewed about matters relating to contemporary affairs in the press and on the television.
- ' Oru mathanirapekshavadhiyude sothanthra chindhakal' (Green Books, 2007)
- ' Beegarathayude dhaivashasthram' (D. C. Books, 2007)
- ' Hameed Chennamangaloorinte thiranjedutha lekhanangal' (Haritham Books, 2007)
- ' Matham, rashtreeyam, janadhipathyam' (Mathrubhumi Books, 2005)
- ' Pardayude manasasthram ' (Melinda, 2002)
- ' Peedanathinte vazhikal '
- ' Mathethara vicharam '
- ' Nunapaksha rashtreeyam '
- ' Vargheeya manobavathinte verukal '
- ' Vyakthi niyama vichindhanam '
- ' Bharatha valkaranthinte vyakaranam '
- ' Shariath: mithyayum yadharthyavum' (Co-authored with K.E.N.)
- ' Oru Indian Musliminte sothanthra chindhakal' (Translation)
- ' Pishachum avante chaattuliyum' (Translation)