It originates from the remainders of an old fortress below the today's Ribberthofes, it was closed during Charles' time before the 9th century.
During the Middle Ages, a manor named Herren von Dael was registered as well as in the second half of the 13th century, a church was built, probably one of the oldest building in the Volme valley, which Dahl forms today a local centre of Hagen.
From 1817 Dahl created its own municipality and belonged to Amt Breckerfeld, it was however administrative after the arrangement of the government of the Kingdom of Prussia in Berlin subordinated for the district of Hagen.
In the time of industrial expansion and the economic upswing between 1844 and 1847, in 1850, built a stone bridge over the Volme, which had increased cart traffic.
Into that time, the construction of the railway line at Hagen falls between Lüdenscheid-Brügge and Lüdenscheid, which transported raw materials like wood and iron ore from Siegerland in the Ruhr district.
In 1970, the independent municipality of Dahl, which consisted locality of Dahl, while Priorei and Rummenohl, joined Breckerfeld in the Ennepe-Ruhr district. In 1975, the federal parliament decided to put Dahl with the free-city of Hagen.
Patent No. 7,645,196 Issued on Jan. 12, Assigned to Bakelite, Plastech Engineering for Torque Transmitting Apparatus (German Inventors)
Jan 13, 2010; ALEXANDRIA, Va., Jan. 16 -- Peter Brinkmann of Dortmund, Germany, Frank Bayerl of Hagen-Dahl, Germany, and Michael Schutte...