is a Canadian English language category 2 digital cable specialty network
presenting harness racing
and thoroughbred racing
events and is owned by Woodbine Entertainment Group
. HPItv stands for "Horseplayer Interactive Television".
Channels and content
HPItv consists of five multiplex channels in its line-up including:
- HPItv, the networks "flagship" feed; features thoroughbred, standardbred and harness races from up to five tracks at a time across North America.
- HPItv Odds, which displays live Canadian pool odds for all tracks carried on HPItv.
- HPItv Canada, which provides daily live coverage of primarily Canadian racetracks such as Woodbine, etc.
- HPItv International, which provides daily live coverage from primarily U.S. racetracks such as NYRA, etc.
- HPItv West, which provides daily live coverage from Hastings, Fraser Downs and other Canadian racetracks.
HPItv was licensed by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission
(CRTC) as The Racing Network Canada
in November 2000 as a joint venture between The Ontario Jockey Club (90%) and BCE Media (10%). In September of 2001, Woodbine Entertainment became the sole owner of the licence and launched the channel as The Racing Network
(TRN) shortly thereafter. In March 2005, TRN rebranded as HPItv.
| !height="150px" bgcolor="#F9F9F9" | !height="150px" bgcolor="#F9F9F9" | |-
|| 2001 - 2005
|| 2005 - 2008
|| 2008 - Present