HMS Warspite was an Imperieuse-class first-class armoured cruiser, launched on January 29 1884 and commissioned in 1886. Warspite was the flagship on the Pacific Station between 1890 and 1893, then a port guard ship at Queenstown until 1896. From 1896 to 1899 she again served as the flagship of the Pacific Station.
She was sold on April 4 1904 to Ward of Preston. She arrived on the River Mersey on October 3 1905 and then travelled on to Preston for breaking up.
- Roger Chesneau and Eugene M. Kolesnik, ed., Conway's All The Worlds Fighting Ships, 1860-1905, (Conway Maritime Press, London, 1979), ISBN 0-85177-133-5