Groby Old Hall
is a 15th century brick
built manor house
and grade II listed building
located very near the site of Groby Castle
in the village of Groby
It was built by the Greys of Groby whose most celebrated members were the two Queens of England Lady Jane Grey
and Elizabeth Woodville
and was their main home until the new house was built in Bradgate Park
in the early 1500's.
The house which incorporates much earlier remains, is one of England's earliest brick buildings.