The small community was once a thriving fishing village, but over the years it has declined just like the fishing industry. Besides scenic views, one main attraction of the community is the Epworth United Church, which recently celebrated its 100th anniversary. Its spacious interior was recently renovated, and erected outside is a monument commemorating the brave men of the community who lost their lives during the First World War. The Epworth general store served as the supplier of food, clothing, and general wares to the people of Corbin and other small neighboring communities until the early sixties. Epworth was formerly known as Spoon Cove and was renamed in 1901. It was originally settled by the French in the mid 1700's and was resettled by the English around the 1850's by families from England including the family names; Goddard, Weare, Keech, and Street. During the mid 1950's, Epworth U. C. School had over 90 students.