The building was built in 1915 as a headquarters for commercial printing and related trades.
The building's architect, Samuel B. Tarbet, also built other local commercial buildings such as the Wheeling Corrugating Company Building, the Goodenow Textiles Company Building, Kansas City Athenaeum, J. D. Bowerstock Theater (now known as Liberty Hall), and Olathe City Hall. Additionally he built residences for H. F. Hill, C.F. Myers, and Dr. Guffey.
The first floor houses the leasing office for Old Town Lofts buildings.
In 2005 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.