is the northwest point of Bird Island
, South Georgia
. Charted by DI personnel on the Discovery in the period 1926-30 and by the SGS, 1951-57. The point is the site of a large colony of macaroni penguins (Eudyptes chrysolophus
). The name, given by the United Kingdom Antarctic Place-Names Committee
(UK-APC) in 1963, refers to the golden crests of this species.