is an unincorporated community
counties in the U.S. state
Godahl sits on the boundary line for Brown and Watonwan, counties, occupying two counties. The community is located between Sleepy Eye
and St. James
on Minnesota State Highway 4
. The community is located at the junction of Minnesota State Highway 4 with County Roads 6 and 10.
Godahl was settled by Norwegian immigrants
and named in honor of their home, called Gode Dahl ("Good Valley"). The town had a post office from 1894 until 1907, and a station of the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis and Omaha Railroad
. The community failed to develop, and today the only remnant of its commercial aspirations is the cooperative
store built in 1894.