Gloucester was a city in eastern Ontario, Canada, on the Ottawa River and is now a suburb of the City of Ottawa. Gloucester Township was established in 1792 and originally included lands east of the Rideau River from the Ottawa River south to Manotick. It was incorporated as a township in 1850 and became a city in 1981. Gloucester was one of the 11 municipalities that merged in 2001 to form the new city of Ottawa.
According to the Canada 2001 Census:
By the 2006 census, Gloucester's population had increased slightly, to 114,604.
Gloucester took its name from Prince William Frederick, Duke of Gloucester and Edinburgh.