was a rural district
, Parts of Lindsey
from 1894 to 1974.
It was formed under the Local Government Act 1894 from the Glanford Brigg rural sanitary district. It entirely surrounded the borough of Scunthorpe.
It enlarged slightly as several urban districts were abolished and incorporated into it - taking Broughton in 1923 and then Roxby cum Risby and Winterton in 1936 (under a County Review Order.)
In 1974 the district was abolished, being combined with the urban districts of Brigg and Barton-upon-Humber to form a new Glanford district.