Native to Sermoneta, he was reputed to have been a pupil of Leonardo da Pistoia. His first known work is an altarpiece once in Valvisciolo, now in Palazzo Caetani in Rome. In Piacenza he painted a Holy Family with Saint Michael (1545-1546). In 1548, he painted a Madonna with Six Saints for San Martino Maggiore in Bologna. In 1548-1549 In collaboration with Jacopino del Conte, he completed the Raphaelesque style frescoes depicting the Baptism of Clovis in the Remigius chapel of the church of San Luigi dei Francesi, which had been left unfinished by Perin del Vaga. In the 1560s, he painted a Life of the Virgin for San Tommaso dei Cenci and a Crucifixion for San Giovanni in Laterano, both in Rome. He was one of many Mannerist contributors to the Sala Regia of the Palazzo Quirinale. Also in Rome, he painted a Transfiguration for the Ara Coeli; a Nativity for Santa Maria della Pace; and a Martyrdom of Saint Catherine for Santa Maria Maggiore in 1568. He painted a Virgin entroned with saints for the church of San Bartolomeo at Ancona.
He painted a series of highly ornate frescoes for the Palazzo Baronale at Cisterna de Latina near Velletri (destroyed during World War II).