George Bennet Chambers (born early 1881 in Ealing, London) was an English vicar, social activist and author (writing as GB Chambers). Following a long career in the Church of England, he became the vicar of Carbrooke Church in Norfolk. An expert on folk music (in particular, Plainsong), he was also well known for his left-wing social and political views, which were evident in his well publicised commission of a crucifix incorporating hammer and sickle iconography.
Chambers spent some time in his youth as a Benedictine monk, based at Caldey Island in Pembrokeshire. After changing denomination, he took successive roles in the East End of London and South Africa working with the Church of England. He was deaconed in 1906, priested in 1907, and appointed Vicar of Carbrooke Church in 1927, where he remained until 1955. Whilst at Carbooke he also became Rector of Ovington, Norfolk in 1952.
Chambers was actively involved in fundraising for institutions that included the Imperial Cancer Research fund (now part of Cancer Research UK). A friend of several prominent left wing figures in England and descendent of the jurist Sir Robert Chambers, he was married in 1921 to Aline Robinson (daughter of Louis Robinson) and had four children.