is a role-playing game
supplement that was written in Japanese language
for the GURPS
game rules. It was written by Shou Tomono
and Group SNE
, then first published in 1992
. Over twenty novels of a series named have been published based upon GURPS Runal. .
The setting is a fantasy world named Runal that was strongly influenced from RuneQuest. There are seven mysterious Moons grant magic power to worshipers.
The seven colors Moons are worshiped by various people as follows:
- Blue Moon - It is the Moon of lawful deities and one of the twins Moons. It is worshiped by dwarves and humans who prefer order and law.
- Red Moon - It is the Moon of chaotic deities and one of the twins Moons. It is worshiped by humans who prefer liberty and disorder.
- White Ring Moon - It is the Moon of magic. It is worshiped by wizards. It is called ring moon because it always seems like annular eclipse.
- Green Moon - It is the Moon of plants and forests. It is worshiped by elves called Elfa. Elfa's culture is similar to the Native Americans'.
- Wandering Moon - It is a capricious Moon whose orbit is random and also called the Moon of all colors. It is worshiped by various non-human races.
- Silver Moon - It is the Moon of strangeness and madness. It is worshiped by residents of elemental planes and fearful monsters like as creatures of Cthulhu Mythos.
- Black Moon - It is the Moon of evil. It is worshiped by demons.
The Riyadh continent is the main land and focus of the game. The strongest nation is the Toru-adness Empire which is modeled after Tang Dynasty of China. It's state religion is the worship of the Blue Moon. The Toru-adness Empire are disputing with neighboring countries which worship the Red Moon.
GURPS Yuel, the sequel of GURPS Runal was released in 2005 as a supplement of GURPS 4th ed.