Geisa is a town in the Wartburgkreis district, in Thuringia, Germany. It is situated in the Rhön Mountains, 26 km northeast of Fulda.
The near border with Hesse was the border between West Germany and the GDR during the Cold War. Thus, the city was in the border restriction area of the former inner German border.
Geisa is a town in the north of the Rhön Mountains
. It is located on the river Ulster.
Suburbs and whose population:
- Town overall: 3390
- City Geisa (approx. 2260)
- Suburb Borsch (approx. 690)
- Suburb Bremen (approx. 320)
- Suburb Geblar (approx. 60)
- Suburb Otzbach (approx. 140)
- Suburb Wiesenfeld (approx. 180)
" is the name of a memorial place at the former inner German border