|Subdivision:||Vojvodina, South Bačka District, City of Novi Sad, Novi Sad urban municipality|
|Area code:||+ 381(0)21|
Population of the town include 25% persons under 15 years old, 66% work capable people, 10% farmers. Historical population:
Futog is divided into Stari Futog (Old Futog) and Novi Futog (New Futog). In the future Futog will become part of Novi Sad city. Futog is 8 km long in west-east direction around the main street in the town. Its area is 8,561 ha.
Futog area outspreads on cofin terrace, alluvial plane and inductional plane. Near Futog are two river isles, an effluent pulped in pond.
Climate is medium-continental, influenced by the Fruška Gora and the Danube. Winds are Košava, Western and Breeze. Precipitation is 700 mm a year.
Hydrography include the Danube river, pond and the Danube-Tisa-Danube Canal.
Plants are corn, wheat, industrial plants, vegetables, and well-known cabbage. Animals are rabbits, foxes, pheasant, etc.
Futog was first time mentioned in 1224 when Tatars devastated it. In the 15th century it was an important market town. Futog was a possession of the Futaky family in the 14th century, and possession of the Jób Garai in the middle 15th century.
In 1526-1527 it was part of the state of Emperor Jovan Nenad, and between 1528 and 1686 it was part of the Ottoman Empire. During the Ottoman rule, Futog was mostly populated by ethnic Serbs. After 1686, it was part of the Habsburg Monarchy. In 1715, the population of Futog was composed of 130 Serbian and 7 Hungarian houses, while in 1720, it was composed of 126 Serbian and 14 Hungarian houses. It was later colonized by Germans. Colonisation of Germans was ended in 1774.
Between 1696 and 1868, Futog had annual princes. The prince had a symbolical function. The Estate of Futog was a possession of the King’s Chamber 1686-1703, of General Baron Josef Nechem 1703-1721, of Josef Odwyer 1721-1731, of Count Friedrich Lorenz Caurian 1731-1744, of Mihailo Čarnojević 1744-1769, of Count András Hadik 1769-1801, of Count Brunszvik 1801-1852, and of Count Rudolf Chotek 1852-1921.
In 1848-1849 Futog was part of the Serbian Voivodship, a Serb autonomous region within Austrian Empire, while between 1849 and 1860 it was part of the Voivodship of Serbia and Tamiš Banat, a separate Austrian province. Futog, as part of the Banat, Bačka and Baranja, became part of the Kingdom of Serbia as was decided by the decree of the Great people's assembly in Novi Sad in 1918, November 25. Since December 1, 1918, it was part of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes. In 1945 and 1946 new families from Srem and Bosnia settled in Futog.
There is a Radio "Futog" at 97,5 and 99,5 MHz FM and Radio "Srna" at 91,90 MHz FM.
Car-road Novi Sad-Bačka Palanka; rail-road Novi Sad-Sombor; and the Danube river are important traffic directions situated at this location.
Novi Sad's regular bus lines 53(FUTOG STARI), 54(FUTOG GRMEČKA), 55(FUTOG BRAĆE BOŠNJAK) and 56(BEGEČ) connect the village with the city.