Funbari no Uta
(ふんばりの詩 The Song/poem of Funbari) is a series of short stories written by Hiroyuki Takei
relating to his manga
series Shaman King
; and a furyoku-inducing battle anthem-turned-jingle-turned-Japanese ballad
created by the Shaman King
character, Faust VIII
Funbari no Uta is set seven years later (2007) after the Shaman Tournament, and revolves around Hana Asakura, the son of Yoh and Anna. Hana and Ryunosuke Umemiya are searching for the members of Team Ren and Lyserg for the grand opening of Funbari no Onsen, which is run by Tamao in the story. The story ends with a montage of panels showing all the aforementioned characters preparing to travel to Funbari no Onsen, ending with a spread of Anna and Yoh.
- It seems that Yoh and Anna traveled during the 6 years.
- Ryunosuke Umemiya is working for Funbari no Onsen.
- Horohoro can be seen in a field of Fuki, which may be his own.He has a beard just like Ren does.He looks like Faust the eighth.
- Chocolove stayed in jail and has apparently been recognized as a murderer. He must stay in jail for 16 years (he has already served six years and must remain there for another ten years when Ryu and Hana come to see him).
- Lyserg returned to England, and now sports a classic detective attire; little else is given about his circumstances.
- Tamao Tamamura now somewhat resembles Anna, and will start her debut as an enka singer; singing Funbari Onsen's jingle, the Funbari no Uta, composed by the late Faust VIII.
- The fates of Manta and Pirika are not depicted or mentioned.
- There is a female figure who can be seen behind Horohoro. She could possibly be Pirika, but her identity is unknown.
- Faust's death is acknowledged as their is a Shrine to him in along with Yoh's father who also died and the previous owner of the Onsen
- In 2007, Yoh and Anna are both twenty-one years old. Yoh's hair has grown longer so his appearance closely resembles that of Hao; readers have remarked that Yoh is actually a hybrid of himself and Hao as a result and an interview with Takei confirms this notion. Anna's hair has also grown longer.
- Ryu's hairdo is still the same from his Shaman King days but it looks longer. Ryu has matured, and sports considerably more facial hair in the story.
- Tamao's hair is longer and she wears a long black dress. She looks somewhat like Anna when she was 15 years old and has apparently inherited aspects of Anna's personality as well; Hana remarks more than once that his "mother" (referring to Tamao, who is Hana's legal guardian while Yoh and Anna are traveling) is quite scary.