Fujitsu Consulting, the North American consulting and services arm of the $43.2-billion Fujitsu group, provides a full range of information technology consulting, implementation and management services.
- Fujitsu Consulting was founded in 1973 in Montreal, Canada under its original name "DMR" which stood for the first initial of the 3 founder's names: Pierre Ducros, Serge Meilleur and Alain Roy. During the decade that followed, the company gradually established a presence throughout Quebec and Canada before extending its reach to international markets.
For close to 30 years, DMR Consulting grew to become an international consulting firm eventually changing its name to Fujitsu Consulting in 2002 after being acquired by Fujitsu Ltd.
- In 1981, DMR made its debut in the United States. The following year it would be Australia, and in 1985 the United Kingdom. Internal growth was complemented by acquisitions in Australia in 1987 and continental Europe in the late 1980s.
- In 1995, DMR Consulting merged with Trecom Business Systems Inc., an IT services firm-located mainly in the greater New Jersey and New York City areas-that focused primarily on telecommunications.
- In November 1995, DMR Consulting was acquired by Amdahl Corporation (now Fujitsu IT Holdings, Inc.), an international solutions-oriented supplier of high-quality information processing systems, software and services.
- The following year, Amdahl purchased TRECOM Business Systems Inc. As a result, DMR Consulting Group Inc.-made up of DMR and TRECOM Business Systems, Inc.-was formed at the dawn of 1997.
- On September 9, 1997, Fujitsu Limited acquired all of Amdahl Corporation, thus making Fujitsu the sole shareholder of Amdahl Corporation and DMR Consulting.
- DMR Consulting officially became Fujitsu Consulting on April 1, 2002. However, the Quebec division still continues to use the name "DMR Conseil" for historical and commercial reasons (using the original name helps to the marketing of the company for the local clients, including the Quebec government). Fujitsu Consulting became a North American operation on April 1, 2004.
- 1973: Company incorporation. Office opened in Montreal, Que., Canada.
- 1974:1984: Expansion across Canada over a decade: Ottawa, Quebec City, Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Saint John, Halifax, Fredericton, Vancouver, Victoria.
- 1976: Company completed first major assignment, project management of the results systems for the Montreal Olympic Games.
- 1981–1991: International expansions over a decade: United States, Australia, Europe.
- 1985: TRECOM Business Systems Inc.-to be acquired by Amdahl Corporation in 1996 and folded into DMR in 1997-created by Frank Casagrande, S. Russell Powell and Emanuel Arturi.
- 1988: DMR Productivity Plus� , a systems development method, launched as a commercial product.
- 1994: Commercial versions of DMR Macroscope products formally launched.
- 1995: DMR Consulting was acquired by Amdahl Corporation (now Fujitsu IT Holdings, Inc.), then an international solutions-oriented supplier of high-quality information processing systems, software and services.
- 1996: Amdahl purchased TRECOM Business Systems Inc., an IT services firm-located mainly in the greater New Jersey and New York City areas-that focused primarily on telecommunications. As a result, DMR Consulting Group Inc.-made up of DMR and TRECOM Business Systems, Inc.-was formed at the dawn of 1997.
- 1997: TRECOM Business Systems Inc. becomes part of the U.S. Division of DMR, which is named DMR Trecom.
- 1997: Fujitsu Limited acquires Amdahl Corporation and thus DMR. Fujitsu is one of the largest IT firms in the world, with several hundreds of subsidiaries.
- 2002: DMR Consulting officially became Fujitsu Consulting on April 1.
- 2003: Fujitsu Consulting acquires MULTIPRO Services Conseil.
- 2004: Fujitsu Consulting becomes a North American operation on April 1.
- 2004: Fujitsu Consulting acquires Cendera.
- June 2005: Fujitsu Consulting acquires BORN Information Services.
- February 2006: Fujitsu Consulting acquires GIM Risk Management.
- February 2006: Fujitsu Consulting acquires Greenbrier & Russel.
- March 2006: Fujitsu Consulting acquires Rapidigm. Now Known as Fujitsu Consulting India Private Limited
- May 2006: Fujitsu Consulting acquires M3K.