It was built in 1854. King-Friedrich-August-Tower, which has a total height of 28 metres has three observation galleries 12, 18 and 24 metres above ground. It was designed by Friedrich August Bretschneider jun. and its erection cost 25000 Taler. Construction work started on May 18th, 1854 after preparation of ground started on January 12th, 1854. On September 9th, 1854 it was inaugurated after King Friedrich August died in Tirol just before. In 1993, it was dismantled and its parts were thoroughly restored. In 1994, it was rebuilt.