is a village
. It lies to the west and almost directly alongside the village of Laverstoke
, the two villages separated by the River Test
It is about east of Whitchurch
and west of Overton
on the B3400 road between Basingstoke
The village contains an inn named the "Watership Down", known locally as "the jerry". Built in 1840, it was previously called the "Freefolk Arms" but was renamed in honour of the local author Richard Adams and his book Watership Down which took its name from the down about to the north of the village.
Freefolk is also home to Hardy's Cottage Garden Plants, a family run Nursery whose displays have won ten gold medals at the Chelsea Flower Show in recent years.