Forty Creek is produced in Grimsby, Ontario (between Hamilton and Niagara Falls) by John K. Hall, first generation whisky maker, and owner of Kittling Ridge Wines & Spirits. Malt Advocate magazine named John Hall “Pioneer of the Year” in 2007 because of his contribution to new lines of thought and new methods in the world of whisky. Forty Creek is made by the only 100% Canadian distillery remaining in Ontario, Canada.
In the 2008 Icons of Whisky Canada competition held by London England's Whisky Magazine, John K. Hall was awarded Ambassador of the Year while Kittling Ridge was deemed Best Distiller.
• One of the Top 5 best tasting whiskies in North America - Beverage Testing Institute, Chicago
• Double Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
• Gold Medal – World Selection, Brussels, Belgium
• Highest Award - International Spirits Challenge, London, England
• Best Canadian Whisky - New England International Whisky Festival, Connecticut
• Editor's Choice Gold Award - Whisky Magazine, London, England
• First Canadian whisky to be articled in Whisky Magazine, London, England
• Highest score for a Canadian Whisky – Whisky Magazine, London, England