Standing in the middle of Forsyth Park with the pathway wrapping around it lies the Confederate memorial Statue. This work of art was donated by the Monroe County Courthouse to commemorate those volunteer soldiers who gave their lives fighting for the confederacy. Surrounded by a fence, it is protected to sustain it's culture and longevity.
The fountain at the north end of the park was added in 1858 and is reminiscent of fountains in the Place de la Concorde in Paris and in Cuzco, Peru. At this time, Parisian urban planning was centered on the development of residential neighborhoods radiating out from a central green space. The Parisian model of developing large city parks was emulated by large cities in the United States, and even smaller cities, such as Savannah, asserting its cosmopolitan image.
Owner Richard C. Kessler and general contractor PCL Construction held a topping off ceremony for the 126-room Mansion on Forsyth Park, a Kessler Collection Property, in the historic district of Savannah, Ga.(In The Pipeline)
Nov 01, 2004; * Owner Richard C. Kessler and general contractor PCL Construction held a topping off ceremony for the 126-room Mansion on...