Mount Saint Joseph Academy, commonly called the The Mount, in Flourtown, Pennsylvania is a Philadelphia area college preparatory school.
Mount Saint Joseph Academy located in Flourtown, Pennsylvania
was founded in 1858 by the Sisters of Saint Joseph
. The academy was located in Philadelphia on the grounds of what is now Chestnut Hill College
. Originally a boarding school, the academy accepted day students in 1911. In 1928, it was the first Catholic school to be approved by the Middle States Association accrediting agency. In response to the growth of the school and evolving educational needs, the Mount moved in 1961 to its present site situated on , just outside the community of Chestnut Hill
However, since the construction of the buildings in 1961, student enrollment has more than doubled, the number of full-time faculty has tripled, and the number of course offerings has quadrupled. The administration and the Board of Directors embarked on two capital campaigns, resulting in the expansion of the Academy during the 1997–98 school term and again in 2003–2004.