is a village in North Somerset
, situated on the edge of Nailsea Moor
on the A370 road
south west of Bristol
The village has a primary school, one pub named The Dew Drop Inn (previously The Jubilee Inn), a church dating back to Norman times and is the home of Backwell Flax Bourton Cricket Club.
In 1860 Flax Bourton railway station was opened by the Bristol and Exeter Railway just west of the short tunnel at the summit of the climb from Bristol. It closed to passengers on 2 December 1963.
Today the nearest station is Nailsea and Backwell.
An MoD fuel depot, with sidings, is just off the mainline behind the former station. It's future, to hold aviation fuel, is currently under review