Fiskerton Windmill was a wooden postmill with a substantial brick roundhouse, standing off Station Road. A mill was marked at this site on Chapman's map of 1774. The mill ceased working some time in the last quarter of the 19th century. Only the roundhouse now remains .
The village's "location beside the Trent makes it a magnet in the summer months for walkers, picnickers and casual visitors." The village has a popular riverside pub called the Bromley Arms. The landlord reputedly also does boat trips on the river on request. The village "is very popular in the summer months with tourists, locals, walkers and anglers."
The Village is served by a Post Office, Village shop and Hair Salon.
They regularly held their 'revival meetings' in the Methodist Chapel. People from all over the world would travel to the village to catch a glimpse of these 'glory meetings.'