is a neighborhood of Louisville, Kentucky
centered along Taylorsville Road & Finchville Road. It was originally named Curreys after Edward Currey, who opened a post office in 1833. In 1847, it was renamed after Robert Fisher who had died two years earlier and operated a mill on Floyds Fork
with his father, John. The area became more commercial in the late 1800s and early 1900s due to the opening of railroad tracks and the discovery of a mineral water
well. Visitors came for the therapeutic value of the mineral water, but when the well went dry in 1914 the area began its reversion to being a primarily residential area.
- HomeTownLocator. Retrieved on 2006-06-10..