Ferrocarril de Hornos
(Hornos Railway) was a 2-foot gauge railroad owned by Hacienda de Hornos. Hacienda de Hornos was a large grain and cattle ranch in southwestern Coahuila
. The line extended 51 kilometers from an interchange with the Mexican International Railway at Hornos through Hacienda de Hornos to Alamito with a 4-kilometer branch to interchange with the Ferrocarril Coahuila y Pacifico at Viesca
. Construction began at Hornos in 1902, and the line began common-carrier freight and passenger service in 1904 with two daily trains in each direction between Hornos and Viesca. Twenty-ton locomotive
#4 was the only 2-foot gauge 2-8-2 ever built for North American
service. The railroad was damaged by the Mexican Revolution
in 1914; and the last public timetable was published in 1930 for a single daily mixed train with no service to Alamito. The line disappears from government records after 1945.