Faun is a German pagan folk/darkwave band formed in 1998. The originality of their music style is that they fall back to "old" instruments, and the singing is always the center of attention. Their instrument include celtic harp, Swedish nyckelharpa, hurdy gurdy, bagpipes, cittern, flutes and many others.
The band was founded in 1998 by Oliver Sa Tyr
, Lisa Pawelke
, Fiona Rüggeberg
and Birgit Muggenthaler
. Two years later, Rüdiger Maul
got into the band as percussionist. At the same time, Birgit left the band, to continue her musical life with the folk-rock band Schandmaul
. In 2002, they released their first album Zaubersprüche
. Niel Mitra
was a guest musician on this album, and he later became a full-time member of the band, the only one playing only electronic instruments.
- Oliver Sa Tyr - vocals, bosouki, nyckelharpa, celtic harp, jews harp
- Sandra Elflein - vocals, violin
- Fiona Rüggeberg - vocals, recorders, whistles, bagpipes, seljefloit
- Rüdiger Maul - tar, riq, davul, panriqello, darabukka, timba, gaxixi and many other percussion instruments
- Niel Mitra - sequencer, sampler, synthesizer, FL Studio, Buzz, Logic Audio, tascam us 224, boss dr 202, Korg Alpha, granular synthesis, folder synthesis, feedbacks, sounds taken from nature and everyday life