- ''Also see the musical The Fantasticks.
The Fantastics are a professional wrestling tag team composed of Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers.
, Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers started a team in Mid-South Wrestling
called The Fantastics
. They began a legendary feud with The Midnight Express
that would extend into the NWA
In 1986, they had a feud with The Sheepherders in the Universal Wrestling Federation.
In 1987, back in WCCW, they feuded with Mike Davis and Tommy Lane, The Rock 'N Roll RPM's. They won the feud by winning a scaffold match at "The Parade of Champions" on May 3, 1987.
In 1988, they went to the NWA's Jim Crockett Promotions to continue their feud with The Midnight Express, going on to win the NWA United States Tag Team Titles on two separate occasions throughout the year.
In 1989, they left the NWA. Rogers wrestled in Japan while Fulton resurfaced in the AWA wrestling with his brother, Jackie Fulton, as the Fantastics. They briefly feuded with AWA Tag Team champions Mike Enos and Wayne Bloom. In 1990, the brother tandem also had a short run in the NWA and wrestled on the independent circuit.
Rogers and Fulton would reunite a year or so later and both versions of the team (Rogers and Fulton/Fulton and Fulton) would team together throughout the country and in Japan.
When Jim Cornette began his own promotion, Fulton and his brother wrestled as "The Fantastics" in Smoky Mountain Wrestling and occasionally as "The Fantastic Ones" in other promotions.
As of 2005, they can still be found occasionally teaming in the independents.
Championships and accomplishments
- *NWA United States Tag Team Championship (2 times)
- *SMW Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- *UWF Tag Team Championship (2 times)
- *WCWA Tag Team Championship (2 times)
- *WCCW American Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- *Mid-Southern Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- *PWA Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- *IWA Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- *SCW Tag Team Champions (1 time)
- *PWI ranked them # 63 of the 100 best tag teams during the "PWI Years" in 2003.
- *5 Star Match (1986) vs. The Sheepherders at the Crockett Cup Tournament on April 19