The F.L. Ames Gardener's Cottage
is a small residential house in North Easton, Massachusetts
. This building was designed in 1884 by noted American architect Henry Hobson Richardson
and build the following year. This building sits on the original Ames estate and was designed soon after the neighboring Ames Gate House (also a Richardson design). Fredrick L. Ames also commissioned Richardson to build the nearby Old Colony railroad station. Two other notable buildings in North Easton, the library and town hall, were also Richardson designs and commissioned by the Ames family.
The exterior of the Gardener's house has been renovated and is not easily identified as a Richardson building. However the footprint and structure remain intact, including a circular tower on one corner of the house. The ivy-covered walls, long associated with this building, were removed during the renovation.