, formally Express Telecommunication Co., Inc.
for short, is the Philippines
' first mobile phone
network operator. They operate an analog AMPS
network and remains to this day the only analog network currently operating in the Philippines. Extelcom has yet to upgrade its cellular operations to GSM
from and therefore cannot offer the hugely popular text messaging service. In 2004, they hold only 0.12% share of the Philippine mobile market of 50 million subscribers (estimate 2007).
Established in December 1988, Extelcom was granted a provisional authority to install, operate and maintain a Cellular Mobile Telephone System (CMTS) in Metro Manila
by the National Telecommunications Commission
. In May 1989, limited operations commenced with the installation of Extelcom's first switch in Antipolo City
and three cell sites in Metro Manila. The company initially offered the latest in advanced cellular technology during that time with such service features as call forwarding
, No Answer Transfer call waiting
, and three-way conferencing. It was assigned the area codes 973 and 974 (presently not in use). In October 1992, Extelcom was granted a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (CPCN) by the NTC. To date Extelcom is the only CMTS operator in the Philippines with a CPCN. Extelcom introduced the first cellular prepaid card in the country "Cellcard".
It has 10 MHz on the 800 bandwidth for its analog network. The NTC in September 2001 gave Extelcom 5 megahertz (MHz) frequency in the 1800 bandwidth for its planned GSM operations. They dropped their GSM plans in 2003 in favor of deploying a network based on the CDMA protocol.
- Express Unlimited Post Paid Plans
- Express Unlimited Luzon and Metro Manila
- Express Unlimited Visayas and Mindanao
- Express Unlimited National(nationwide coverage)
- Prepaid Cellcard
- Value Added Services
- Call Forwarding
- Call waiting
- Three-way Call Conference
- Express IDD
- International Roaming
- Express Tawag Center
Call Center Business Solutions
Express Telecommunications Co., Inc. provides a high performance communications and definitely cost-effective solution to any call centers that basically conduct telemarketing activities and provide customer service to clients. Be it domestic or international, Express Telecom has made available diverse service packages that primarily support the communication requirements of different call centers.
- Wireless Connection (Microwave radio link)
- This set-up provides dedicated clear channel wireless connectivity across two or more points. Extelcom utilizes its service areas via cellsites located nationwide;
- Physical Connection
- Using the facilities of Extelcom's other business partners, this set-up provides dedicated clear channel and physical (wired) connectivity across two or more locations.