Evil Ed is a 1997 Swedish horror comedy film. It parodies and pays homage to numerous horror classics, most notably the Evil Dead films, Halloween, The Silence of the Lambs and The Shining. The main character, Edward, is a film cutter on the Loose Limbs series. He slowly goes insane editing the gory scenes and goes on his own rampage as Evil Ed. This splatter film has been released in both unrated and R-rated versions.
Quotes from the Movie
- Evil Ed: Daddy's gonna cuuut, Daddy's gonna cuuut...
- Sam Campbell: And remember like we say here at the Splatter & Gore department..."You keep them heads rolling."
- Evil Ed: Where the fuck's my chainsaw?
- Sam Campbell: Where's my beaver-rape scene? There was no sexually explicit footage in that scene!
- Nick: Rest in pieces, motherfucker!
Connections to Other Horror Films
- The movie title is an obvious take on the Evil Dead movies.
- Edward's boss is named Sam Campbell, a combination of the names Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell.
- As Evil Ed chases his wife, he says "I'm coming to get you, Barbara." A reference to a line that originally appeared in the zombie classic Night of the Living Dead.
- There is a Gremlins-like monster in Edward's refrigerator.
- A thief who breaks into Edward's house imitates Bruce Campbell's famous Evil Dead II line, "Groovy."
- Bill Moseley of Chop Top fame contributes several voiceovers. Moseley was also cast in Army of Darkness.