The EuroIndia Centre
is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 by the former French Prime Minister Raymond Barre
and the present Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
. The EuroIndia Centre is a private institution, legally registered in France and financed by individual, public and corporate donations and membership dues. It functions as a high-level networking organisation aiming to bring together prominent personalities, businesses and other entities from Europe and India, particularly in the fields of business, education, science, technology (especially information technology and biotechnology), civic management, and the media. Apart from this, it also aims by various means such as conferences and courses to further public and professional awareness of and interest in Indo-European interactions.
The registered office and secretariat of the EIC are situated in La Rochelle (France), but it is also run from Mumbai (India). Though in principle membership is open to all, actual membership is restrictive and is carefully vetted by the EIC board.
The members of the board are since March 2008:
- Colette Mathur — Senior Advisor to the Managing Board for India and South Asia to the World Economic Forum
- Jamshyd N. Godrej — Vice-Chairman and Managing Director of the Godrej & Boyce Manufacturing Company of the Godrej Group
- Pierre Florin — Deputy Managing Director and Director (European Business), AXA Group
Other members (institutional):
Other members (individual):
- Shazia Aziz-Wülbers — Doctoral Candidate of Political Science, Paris Institute of Political Studies (Sciences Po)
- Rahul Peter Das — Professor of South Asian Studies and Dean of Studies, Faculty of Philosophy I, Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg
- Ludovic Jonard — President, Architecture & Development, Paris
- Om Prakash Mathur — Professor of Urban Economics and Finance, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPP), Delhi
- Isabelle Milbert — Professor, The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies
- Amal Mukhopadhyay — Founder and Managing Director, ELGA Biotech GmbH, and former Director of the Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research at the University of Hamburg
- Guillermo Rodriguez — Managing Director, Casa de la India, Valladolid
- Francis Wacziarg — Co-Chairman, Neemrana Hotels Private Limited, New Delhi
The EIC is listed on the website of the European Commission's Delegation to India.